[Insight-users] Fwd: Cannot build ITK

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:09:07 EDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] Cannot build ITK
To: Pratik Talole <pratiktalole at gmail.com>

> Is it normal for ITK.sln to have 824 projects?

If you enabled testing and examples yes. I normally disable these.

> I saw this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W-S9ZpArYM tutorial  for setting
> up ITK. The Solution shown here has a very few number of projects (see
> 1:46). How come he has a nice and clean solution while mine is a bloated one
> : 824 projects?
>
> Also, should I just try building the 824 projects? What project should I
> build?

I usually just build the solution. And normally I do that without
using the GUI. And instead cmake --build in the folder containing the
.sln file so no long delay caused by Visual Studio GUI inefficiencies.

> There is a project called ALL_BUILD. Should I build it? How long can
> it take on a core i5 PC?

For me (on a 2.8GHz i7) it takes around 30 minutes to build Debug,
Release and RelWithDebInfo with testing, shared libraries and examples
off.

> I am trying to build Insight Toolkit 4.1.0.

John

--
John M. Drescher