[Insight-users] Linking errors of QtImageViewer with ITK+Qt4

Fan Yang stoneyang0915 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 22:34:55 EDT 2011

Hi, ITKers,

I am trying to compile the QtImageViewer code in the directory of

  InsightApplications-3.20.0/Auxiliary/QtImageViewer

on the 32-bit WinXP SP3 platform with:

  CMake-2.8.4
  VTK-5.6.1
  Qt-4.6.1  (I compile the source code downloaded from the Qt FTP on my own
platform and other source code related with Qt works well)

When I cmake the source code, there are some different hints with the second
line in red:

  WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'GLU' package, please use 'OpenGL'
instead
  D:/Qt/qt-4.6.1/include
  Configuring done
  Generating done

Whatever, the solution was successfully generated. But I unfortunately got
the following link errors during compiling the solution:

  QtGlSliceView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual struct QMetaObject const * __thiscall
QtGlSliceView::metaObject(void)const " (?metaObject at QtGlSliceView
@@UBEPBUQMetaObject@@XZ)
  QtGlSliceView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual void * __thiscall QtGlSliceView::qt_metacast(char const *)"
(?qt_metacast at QtGlSliceView@@UAEPAXPBD at Z)
  QtGlSliceView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual int __thiscall QtGlSliceView::qt_metacall(enum
QMetaObject::Call,int,void * *)" (?qt_metacall at QtGlSliceView
@@UAEHW4Call at QMetaObject@@HPAPAX at Z)

I've tried to search former mails discussing the kind of problems in the
mailing lists[1]. It seems slight different from my problem.

Could anyone help me out? I'm stucked....

Reference:

[1] [Insight-users] ITK with QT4,
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2008-March/025141.html

--