[Insight-users] x&y component of the gradient of an image

Antonio Gómez Barquero agb1 at alu.upct.es
Thu Sep 22 04:32:12 EDT 2011

Hello!

I would like to calculate the x and y component of the gradient of a 2D
image. As in MATLAB is calculated with [dT2,dT1] = gradient(T);

ReaderType::Pointer T_g            // image

                FilterType::Pointer gradientFilter = FilterType::New();

                gradientFilter->SetInput( T_g->GetOutput());

                gradientFilter->Update();

With this sentence, I get the result, but I want to have the x-component and
the y-component

gradientFilter->GetOutput()

Is there any method to extract it? I am looking for it but I have no
positive result!

Thanks so much

Antonio

Ingeniero de Telecomunicaciones -Becario Investigador asociado a Actividades
de I+D+I

GTTS ( Grupo de Tratamiento y Teoría de la Señal)[  <http://gtts.upct.es/>
http://gtts.upct.es/]

UPCT (Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena)[  <http://www.upct.es/>