[Insight-users] MutualInformationImageToImageFilter outside of registration framework

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:59:46 EDT 2011

I am trying to compute the mutual information of two images at a
single fixed position. I tried to do this:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Broken/ImageProcessing/MutualInformationImageToImageFilter

where I setup a dummy TranslationTransform with parameters (0,0). I
called GetValue on the metric using the two different images and got a
value of 2.60287. I then called GetValue where the fixed image and
moving image are exactly the same image, but GetValue returned exactly
the same 2.60287! Can anyone see if I set something up incorrectly? Or
is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

David