[Insight-users] Region Growing segmentation and viewing the results

John Hiller john.hiller53 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:36:11 EDT 2011

Hi itk users

I'm new to itk and vtk (sorry if this question doesn't apply to itk).

Okay, so this is what I'm doing:
1) read a dicom series, I process each dicom slice individually
2) pick the segmentation points on a particular dicom slice
3) segment using confidence connected filter and save (or write to a file in
other words) the result to a .mha file
4) Continuously do this for each dicom slice to get series of .mha files
5) Once all that is done, I attempt to use Marching cubes from vtk to render
a 3D surface image from the .mha files.

Everything works with no errors, its just that the vk window comes up black
(showing nothing). I'm pretty sure the .mha files contain something (they're
round about the same size as the original dicom file). I did the cout <<
reader->getOutput(), and it outputs information. I'm presuming that I am
segmenting these slices incorrectly.

Any advice would be helpful
Thanks
John