[Insight-users] Problems with itkDeformableMesh3DFilter

Sven Olaf Lüttmann sven.luettmann at fh-dortmund.de
Thu Oct 13 10:17:28 EDT 2011

Thanks for the quick reply Bill,
if I get your point right, your saying that because of the different coordinate system the y-axis is
flipped, so for my imagination my model would be upside down. But that should not bring up any
computational issues, should it?

I tried a simple RegularSphere in itk (RegularSphereMeshSource) as initial mesh for the segmentation
process. Same problem.
I debugged the code as far as possible and it came up that the process crashes in the function
"ComputeDt()" in the DeformableMesh3DFilter class line 331.

The Array "m_K" is not filled properly with the stiffness parameters which should be done in the
function "SetMeshStiffness()" in the same class. This function skips the while loop (see below) in
line 288 which probably causes the process to crash:

while (celldata != myCellData->End())
     {
     const double x = celldata.Value();
     m_K[j] = m_StiffnessMatrix+((int) x);
     ++celldata;
     j++;
     }

Hope that helps for further assistance.

Thanks very much

Cheers
  Sven

*Fachhochschule Dortmund*
*University of Applied Sciences and Arts*

Sven Olaf Lüttmann
B.Sc. Medizinische Informatik

FB Informatik, Medizinische Informatik
Emil-Figge-Str. 42