[Insight-users] Question about ManagedITK/TIF format/ SharpImage ...

christian.herrera at gmail.com christian.herrera at gmail.com
Tue May 10 15:49:06 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am a "newcomer"on the ITK area; I have been working tryng to execute some
algorithms to a TIF image, and then display the TIF image output. When I
re-create the Image to display it, the output is not good. It seems that I
am loosing some data because of the way I use ManagedITK to read/write this
format.

 All these in an application I developed. When I try to open the TIF image
using the SharpImage 0.9.5, I get the following error message:

 "Unable to open image file." itk.itkInvalidWrappedTypeException: Could not
create an instance of 'itk.itkImage_US2'. The given type may not be
supported or may be invalid.--->System.NullReferenceException: The type
'itk.itkImage_US2' could not be found in ManagedITKCommon, Version=3.4.0.1,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null at itk.itkImage.CreateInstance() ---
End of inner exception stack trace --- ar itk.itkImage.CreateInstance() at
itk.itkImage.New(itkPixelType pixelTypr, UInt32 dim) at
SharpImage.Main.siFormMain.OpenImage(Boolean display, itkPixelType
pixelType, Int32 dim, String fullPath) at
SharpImage.Main.siFormMain.OpenImage(Boolean display, String title).

So my understanding is that ManagedITK doesn't suport this type of Image
(US2).  I would appreciate if you could tell me a "workaround" for this. I
am using C# for my development I would like to continue using it .... :-)

Regards,

Christian Herrera,