[Insight-users] Oil painting filter implemented

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jun 8 11:07:06 EDT 2011

Hi Dženan

      Writing an Insight Journal paper is not an overkill.

It is the standard procedure to contribute code to the toolkit.

Please see details here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Procedure_for_Contributing_New_Classes_and_Algorithms

There are many IJ papers that are describing a single new
C++ class (or ITK filter) and that are only a couple of pages long.

The Insight Journal, unlike the typical decadent Journals of our
field, is focused on practical contributions that actually work.

When you write an article for the Insight Journal you should think
in terms of writing a Technical Report, where you describe to a
fellow developer, how to use your new code.  This requires to
provide a test for the code, along with an input and output image.

This is how the Insight Journal enforces the verification
of reproducibility.

---

The Wiki Examples are intended to illustrate how to use
existing code in ITK, not to post contributions of new code.

Please let us know if you have any questions about
how to submit papers to the Insight Journal.