[Insight-users] get the maximum pixel value using GetPixel() for 3D image

robert tamburo robert.tamburo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:24:21 EDT 2011

GetPixel() belongs to itkImage, not the reader. Try
reader->GetOutput()->GetPixel(index).

Two other things: 1) You may want to consider using an ImageRegionIterator
instead of for loops, and 2) You can use the MinimumMaximumImageCalculator
to get the maximum intensity in an image.

There are examples on how to use each class at
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples