[Insight-users] ManageITK : Problem with custom filter

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:54:09 EDT 2011

Hi Kuleesha,

Thanks for providing the extra information.

I was able to use your files without any major issue. (I did encounter
one minor issue: I needed to add CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6)
to the CMakeLists.txt file).

Re-reading your email I think I see the issue: external projects are
designed to be build _outside_ of ManagedITK. That is, you first build
ManagedITK, then you build each external project separately (without
needing to rebuild ManagedITK again).

In short, the steps you should follows are this:
1. Create a new folder anywhere on your drive eg. D:\ERProject\ManagedDemoFilter
2. Place your files in this folder: CMakeLists.txt, managed_xxx.cmake,
filter h and txx files
3. Run CMake
4. Point CMake to the source folder, choose a build folder
5. Configure, specify ITK_DIR and ManagedITK_DIR as required
6. Generate
7. Run FinishCMake.bat
8. Open solution and build

Then you simply need to place all ManagedITK dlls (eg
ManagedITK.Common.dll, ManagedITK.Calculators.dll,
ManagedITK.Demo.dll) in the binary folder for your C# executable.

HTH

Cheers, Dan