[Insight-users] can't compile HelloWorld with Visual Studio 9 2008

Ella Maria Kadas ella_kadas at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 16:28:33 EST 2011

Hi all,

   I succesfully configured Insight-Toolkit 3.20.0 using
Cmake 2.8.3, and also build without errors ITK.sln with Visual studio 9
2008.
   I also created an emty project in Visual studio and in the
projects directory created the CMakeLists.txt for the HelloWorld example
 just like in the ITKuserguide.
   I configured with Cmake the
project using as source and build binary location my projects location.
also without errors. But Cmake never asks for the Binary folder where i
built InsightTollkit. Still i tried to compile the HelloWorld example
and i got this.
\ella\my documents\visual studio
2008\projects\test4\test4\helloworld.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'itkImage.h': No such file or directory
I looked in the advanced view in Cmake and noticed that at CMAKE_LINKER there
 is
CMAKE_LINKER-NOTFOUND. Does this has anything to do with my problem.
It is the second time i make all the steps from the userguide and no luck.
I must be missing something essential but i can;t figure it out.
Any help will be very welcomed as i am getting a bit crazy with the errors i already have using Xcode at work on mac
Cheers,
Ella