[Insight-users] 32- and 64-bit

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Feb 16 02:01:32 EST 2011

This isn't really a question about ITK, but someone here might have the answer.
  I've built the ITK libraries 32-bit, and as far as the ITK part is concerned I
can operate within the 32-bit constraints.  But in my C++ code I want to be able
to use an array that exceeds the 32-bit addressable limit.  I'm not sure what I
need to do to get the 64-bit capability that I need.  Do I have to do a 64-bit
build of ITK, or can the 32-bit libraries be called from a main program that is
built as 64-bit?  Is there a document about building 64-bit ITK?  I'm using
MinGW/gcc on Windows 7.

Thanks
Gib