[Insight-users] About python + itk in windows

张宁 zhangning1978 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 10:23:23 EST 2011

Hello, everybody! I have compile itk 3.20 with python wrap. When I tried the
examples in the Quick_Start which ITK provide(The link is below), I found
that there are errors in itkImageFileWriter.py on PNG and TIFF files. The
error message is below.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#19>", line 1, in <module>
    itk.write(binaryImage, pathToImages+"\binary.png")
  File "D:\Program
Files\InsightToolkit\lib\InsightToolkit\WrapITK\Python\itkExtras\__init__.py",
line 251, in write
    writer.Update()
  File "D:\Program
Files\InsightToolkit\lib\InsightToolkit\WrapITK\lib\itkImageFileWriter.py",
line 2857, in Update
    def Update(*args): return
_itkImageFileWriter.itkImageFileWriterIUC2_Pointer_Update(*args)
RuntimeError:
..\..\..\ITK-3.20\InsightToolkit-3.20.0\Code\IO\itkPNGImageIO.cxx:452:
Problem while opening the file.

I could write png file with itkImageFileWriter function using C and I
compiled the itk with python followed the instruction which are provided in
link below! Can anybody tell me why the error appear. Are there some key
options omited when I compiled the ITK.

Compile instruction :
http://farsight-toolkit.org/wiki/FARSIGHT_Tutorials/Building_Software
Quick_Start :