[Insight-users] Local texture Features

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Fri Apr 29 05:22:57 EDT 2011

Hi,

We have filters to compute local textures descriptors in Orfeo Toolbox,
based on ITK classes.

Code is here :
http://hg.orfeo-toolbox.org/OTB/file/tip/Code/FeatureExtraction

The filters computing local textures around a neighborhood are :
otb::ScalarImageToTexturesImageFilter (based on
itk::GreyLevelCooccurrenceMatrixTextureCoefficientsCalculator)
otb::ScalarImageToAdvancedTexturesImageFilter
otb::ScalarImageToHigherOrderTexturesImageFilter (based on
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/231)

The filters are streamed and multithreaded, so they can be applied on
images of arbitrary size.

Cheers,
Julien