[Insight-users] ITK + VTK + 3D TIFFs

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Apr 25 02:40:55 EDT 2011

Meantime I've been figuring out how to use itkConnectedComponentImageFilter, the
idea being to find all the objects then remove those below a threshold size.
I'm getting strange results with my small test image.

The image is binary, 437x430.  Initially (using pixel type unsigned char) I got
the error message about too many objects, so I changed the type to unsigned
short.  The number of found objects is 838.  The image is basically white, with
black spots, some of which enclose white regions (these are what I want to
remove).  I'm finding that some of these enclosed "objects" are missed.  There
are four with more than 100 pixels (excluding the white background), and only
two are identified as objects.

Do I have wrong expectations of itkConnectedComponentImageFilter?

Thanks
Gib