[Insight-users] Tweaking accuracy of Diffeomorphic Demons Using ITK's Finite Difference Solver Hierarchy

John Drozd john.drozd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:17:59 EDT 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what parameters I should tweak to
increase the accuracy of warping using
Diffeomorphic Demons Using ITK's Finite Difference Solver Hierarchy.  I have
been playing blindly with the number of iterations and the number of
multi-resolution iterations, the maximum step length and the sigma's.  If
spomeone could explain how lowering or raising the values of these
parameters affect the accuracy of the warping I would greatly appreciate it.
I am using the warping to map seed points in brain ventricles from one 3D
dicom image which I am using as a template to map seed points to sveral
other subjects' ventricles which are also other dicom images and I am having
trouble mapping s4eeds accurately within the thin temporal horns. The seed
points in the ventricle body map well.

Thank you for your time,
and Happy Easter!

John

--
John Drozd
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Robarts Research Institute