[Insight-users] 'install'ing ITK

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:23:17 EDT 2011

I've always done this:

mkdir ~/src/ITK
cd ~/src/ITK
git clone ...

mkdir ~/bin/ITK
cd ~/bin/ITK
cmake ~/src/ITK
make

Then when I open a project which uses ITK, I set ITK_DIR to ~/bin/ITK
and all is well.

Recently that method (not ever 'install'ing) was causing a problem, so
I tried this:

mkdir ~/src/ITK
cd ~/src/ITK
git clone ...

mkdir ~/bin/ITK
cd ~/bin/ITK
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/ITK ~/src/ITK
make
make install

This, as expected, produced a folder ~/ITK. However, only a tiny few
headers seem to be copied into ~/ITK/include/ITK-4.0 (i.e.
RescaleIntensityImageFilter is missing, GradientToMagnitudeImageFilter
is missing, etc). Why is that?

Also, I now have to set ITK_DIR to ~/ITK/lib/cmake/ITK-4.0/ when using
ITK in a project. This seems a bit awkward - is this correct? I would
have expected something more like ITK_DIR=~/ITK

Thanks,

David