[Insight-users] Memory problem

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 08:52:06 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Melanie Uks <meluks2010 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> up to now I could not solve my memory problem. I used the memory probes
> collector base and I think the problem is that the GUI (Qt) needs too much
> memory. If I run the code without any GUI it does the operation if I run the
> code with GUI it does not.
> I will try now to use a 64bit system. I have no experience and I will need
> some help. I will use Visual Studio 2008 Prof. Do I need a special cmake or
> can I use the Windows 32-bit installer???
> Thanks!!!
> Melanie

No the same CMake works with 32 or 64 bit. You do however need to
build everything including, Qt, Itk .. in 64 bit. I suggest a
completely different tree for 64 bit development from where you build
your 32 bit code. And do not run the INSTALL project for ITK, VTK or
GDCM. Instead build all and in your application set ITK_DIR, VTK_DIR
... to point to the root folder where you built ITK ...

John