[Insight-users] fast assign ITK image to an array?

Francis Girard francis.girard07 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 05:06:23 EDT 2011

Hi,

Can we iterate safely using this raw buffer pointer?

Maybe there is some padding to ensure some byte alignment property?

Also if there is a GetBufferPointer notice that there is no
SetBufferPointer. So I don't think you can just set some buffer pointer as
is the case with some C++ STL containers. With that API, you will at least
need to make a copy of the contents, and even then we must make sure that
there is enough allocated memory.

After all, what would be the usefulness of the "ImportImageFilter" if we
could simply and safely set a raw buffer pointer?

And finally what precisely the  "ImportImageFilter" does under the hood?
Apprently it does _NOT_ make a copy of your buffer pointer. So maybe that is
fast. But I am not sure of what I am saying.

Thanks

Francis