[Insight-users] Wrong reading of spacing in "z" axis by GE low-dose CT?

Bc. Michal Srna michal at srna.info
Wed Apr 13 10:06:48 EDT 2011

Thanks for clarification,

But there are only two values x/y  in header file of those low-dose CT data
on tag Pixel Spacing (0028,0030).

In link, you sent me:

"Indeed the value for the spacing of the image could be coming from:

   1. Imager Pixel Spacing (0018,1164)
   2. Nominal Scanned Pixel Spacing (0018,2010)
   3. Pixel Spacing (0028,0030)
   4. Pixel Aspect Ratio (0028,0034)

1. and 2. and 4. are not present in those low-dose CT, so where does it take
spacing for "z", when in Pixel Spacing tag, there are only two values, which
ITK read as spacing in x,y?

Does it mean, that spacing in "z" for those low-dose CT data readed by ITK
is correct?

I am just asking, because I don't know, where did it take that value
spacing[2] = 4.41962, when there is nothing like that in DICOM header of
those data.

Firstly I assumed that pixel spacing in "z" is the same as Slice Thickness,
because in other data set from other imaging system is Slice Thickness equal
to spacing in "z" when readed by ITK.

Maybe it's just coincidence, when you say, that those two are completely
different aspects.

--
S pozdravem Bc. Michal Srna

Fotografické portfolio: