[Insight-users] questions about level set segmentation methods

john smith mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:12:44 EDT 2011

Hi to everyone,

I have some questions about some features in some level set segmentation
filters, while I am reading the itk software guide.
1) what exactly is the isovalue of the surface  in the initial model input
image?
2) what is the isosurface in the binary image?
3) what is the speed image
4) how can optically understand on the image the meaning of
"advection","curvature" and "propagation scaling"?
5) when I choose the "seed points",where exactly must be situeted? (near the
edges or everywhere inside the structure of the object?)

I would appreciate if someone could help me.