[Insight-users] Subtract background air CT

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Thu Apr 7 12:52:08 EDT 2011

Hi
I don't know the internals of thje BinaryKeeepNObjectsImageFilter byt maybe
it's simpler (and faster) to just remove the biggest label, and not the one
with more voxels on the border. Doing it on the whole 3D image instead of
slice by slice seems to be faster and simpler. Have yoy tried already
something similar?

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM, paniwani <paniwani at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the best way to remove the background air after thresholding < -600
> on a CT dataset? I currently use the BinaryShapeKeepNObjectsImageFilter to
> detect the largest component with "SizeOnBorder" and then remove this
> background from my image. However, this step is one of the slowest in my
> algorithm when performed over ~400 slices. Is there a faster and/or easier
> way?
>
> http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n6250670/img1.jpg
> http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n6250670/img2.jpg
> http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n6250670/img3.jpg