[Insight-users] Connect broken lines

paniwani paniwani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:03:09 EDT 2011

The goal here is to segment tissue from stool in a virtual colonoscopy
application. Based on some initial thresholding of input intensity and
gradient magnitude, I've created the following voxel map. Due to the partial
volume effect and pseudoenhancement of folds near stool, the
intensity/gradient relationship breaks down and it becomes difficult to
recover the folds. The mapping is as follows:

Air: Blue
Tissue: Orange
Stool: Black
Else: White

I'd like to connect the disconnected tissue (orange) in my voxel map.

http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n6239553/Modified_mr10_092_13p.i0344_85_100_input_isotropic.png
http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n6239553/Modified_mr10_092_13p.i0344_85_100_voxel_type_smallStoolFixed.png

Thanks,
Neil