[Insight-users] Problem writing 3D image

Alberto bertorey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 11:52:24 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I'm trying to write a 3D image using ImageSeriesWriter and GDCMImageIO in
ITK 4, but when I save the image the dicom image position patient tag of the
header is not correct due the z axis is zero. I set the dictionary of each
slice to the writer calling the SetMetaDataDictionaryArray method.
I try to change this tag calling EncapsulateMetaData and set the z axis to a
predefined value but the writer changes again this value to zero. Is there
other way to set the z axis to the dictionary?

Best regards.