[Insight-users] Exporting RGB-Quad Data to itk::Image

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Thu Sep 23 08:57:42 EDT 2010

  Hi there!

I see that you can assign a pointer to some image data in memory to an
itk::Image instance. What should I do, if my data is an RGB-Quad Array?
The thing is that I am doing a screenshot in a Win32 environment and
want to do image analysis on a part of that screenshot with ITK. If you
wonder how a RGB-Quad looks like, this is what the MSDN-Library tells us:

typedef struct tagRGBQUAD {
   BYTE rgbBlue;
   BYTE rgbGreen;
   BYTE rgbRed;
   BYTE rgbReserved;
} RGBQUAD;

The data of my screenshot is here:

RGBQUAD*            colorData_;

Should I create a itk::Image<unsigned char[4], 2>? Or should I use the
itk-iterators to write the image data pixel by pixel into my itk::Image?

Best regards,
Christian