[Insight-users] ITKCommon.dll not created in ITK 3.20 with VS 2008

Emma Ryan eryanvtk at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 18:20:08 EDT 2010

Hello John,

I do not use cmake to build my application.

I create 'A.lib' which statically links all the necessary ITK '.libs'.
'B.dll' statically links to 'A.lib' and
'C.exe ' does a loadLibrary on 'B.dll'

I never did a dynamic link of ITK libs, but since my application popped up a
message " Failed coz itkCommon.dll" is missing", I provided the dll in the
System32.  I never did a LoadLibrary of ITK dlls.

I did however build my previous ITK (3.16) with shared libs 'ON'.

My latest itk (3.20) did not have Shared libs 'ON'.   And I was linking
statically, but still I got the error message for itkCommon.dll.

Emma