[Insight-users] itk marchingcubes

Frank Miller frankmiller at jhmi.edu
Wed Sep 8 12:24:41 EDT 2010

I think the problem you are experiencing is the result of a bug in the
itk::BinaryMask3DMeshSource. It has a hard coded assumption that the
image is axis-aligned. Try setting the orientation of the input image to
the identity. Something like this.

  ImageType::DirectionType direction;
  direction.SetIdentity();
  pImage->DisconnectPipeline();
  pImage->SetDirection( direction );

The mesh coordinates should then line up with the "un-oriented" image.

Frank