[Insight-users] Race condition in Write ?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 20:19:02 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Emma Ryan <eryanvtk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>   Here's a simple program to test the read/write classes in ITK.  It works
> fine in Release mode (windows 7, VS 2008), but fails in Debug mode with read
> Access violation.
> I did not using cmake for thhis program, but externally linked it to ITK
> libs. I suspect that the writer is experiencing a race condition. since I am
> not familiar with the internals of ITK (multi-threading etc...), I would
> appreciate if some one knowledgeable of ITK tries out the following program.
>
> Thank you,
> Emma

When you built ITK did you have it install? If so that is your
problem. You can not install if you want to use debug and release.
Instead when building applications point ITK_DIR to the root folder
where you built the ITK binaries in. CMake will then correctly link
debug libraries in debug mode and release libraries in release mode.
Remember in windows you can not mix debug and release libraries also
you must build all code from the same compiler.

John