[Insight-users] Problems building itk 3.18 with review

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon May 24 09:16:20 EDT 2010

Hello,

Could you please provide detail information about what compiler and OS you are running?

I believe if you set VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2_ROUNDING in the cmake configuration to false, to disable the use of SSE intrinsics, you should be able to build ITK.

They way some of these SSE intrinsics are detected is not smart enough in ITK. Some versions of gcc don't have the needed methods. The problem is right around line 50 in itkMathDetail.h. Can you please file a detailed bug report into mantis?

Brad

On May 24, 2010, at 6:30 AM, motes motes wrote:

> I am trying to build itk 3.18 with review/review statistics on an
> external linux server. But I get this error:
>
> [ 79%] Building CXX object
> Code/Common/CMakeFiles/ITKCommon.dir/itkChainCodePath2D.o
> /InsightToolkit-3.18.0/Code/Common/itkMathDetail.h: In function
> 'itk::int64_t itk::Math::Detail::RoundHalfIntegerToEven_64(double)':
> /InsightToolkit-3.18.0/Code/Common/itkMathDetail.h:251: error:
> '_mm_cvtsd_si64' was not declared in this scope
> /InsightToolkit-3.18.0/Code/Common/itkMathDetail.h: In function
> 'itk::int64_t itk::Math::Detail::RoundHalfIntegerToEven_64(float)':
> /InsightToolkit-3.18.0/Code/Common/itkMathDetail.h:258: error:
> '_mm_cvtss_si64' was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [Code/Common/CMakeFiles/ITKCommon.dir/itkChainCodePath2D.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [Code/Common/CMakeFiles/ITKCommon.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> any ideas on how to solve this or what might be causing it?

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine