[Insight-users] Questions on B-spline deformable registration

Stephen Yip stephen.fyip1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:30:15 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have several questions regarding b-spline deformable registration. I've
just started to learn C++. I might have overlooked something crucial while I
skimmed through the source code.

B-spline Registration

1. In the multi-resolution b-spline registration (I am particularly
referring to DeformbleRegistration6 in the examples), how do I find out the
level of pyramid the registration has undergone? (i.e. The registration was
performed hierarchically using multi-resolution scheme. How many levels of
hierarchy were there?)

2. How do I manipulate the code to change number of level?

3. How do I get the deformation vector field as an output in the
DeformableResgistratio6 example?

I execute the code in MatLab.

I put: system('deform6.exe A.png B.png C.png Dafter.png Dbefore.png
vector.jpg');

The rest of them worked fine, except for the vector.jpg part. I have tried a
few different file types (e..g png, jpg, hdr, etc.), none of them work.

I keep getting the similar error message like the following:

itk::ExceptionObject (0144E7D4)
Location: "void __thiscall itk::JPEGImageIO::Write(const void *)"
File: ..\..\src\Code\IO\itkJPEGImageIO.cxx
Line: 465
char/int only

Thank you,

Stephen