[Insight-users] Change image information (parameters for, origin, spacing, etc.)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 23 16:17:35 EDT 2010

Hi Constantine,

1) You are right, the MetaImage format doesn't save all the
    content of the meta-data dictionary.  That's something
    that could be improved in a future version.

2) Thanks for bringing up Nrrd.

    This is actually a good option too,
    and we just updated the NrrdIO version in ITK.

     I have not used Nrrd too much myself, but
     this is certainly a very popular file format
     in the brain imaging community.

3) That said, note that MetaData is a double-edge
     sword. It give you a lot of flexibility but it also
     brings to a lot of confusion (in the absence of
     a widely accepted standard).

  Regards