[Insight-users] Getting started with ITK

Arunachalam Kana Kana.Arunachalam at fh-wels.at
Fri Mar 19 11:56:49 EDT 2010

Hi Meena,

Please find below a similar query and a very clear explanation on how to get started.

All the best!!!

Regards,

Kana

On 9 March 2010 18:35,  <fariba_yoo at yahoo.co.uk <mailto:fariba_yoo at yahoo.co.uk> > wrote:

> Hello dear,

> In cmake when I want to configure it says couldn't find Tclsh ,

> missing TCL_TCLSH.

> and then after building Hello world program, in the run part there is

> an error!! ITKcommon.dll not found!

> it is my first time that I am using ITK.

> would you please tell me what is the problem?

> Best,

> Fariba

Hi Fariba,

    Welcome to ITK!

I would really recommend reading the following references:

Insight Software Guide:

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf <http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf>

Tutorials:

    http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/tutorials.html <http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/tutorials.html>

especially GettingStarted-I:

    http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf <http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf>

Regarding your specific errors:

> In cmake when I want to configure it says couldn't find Tclsh ,

> missing TCL_TCLSH.

This warning can be ignored. You only need Tclsh if you plan to generate TCL wrappers for ITK.

> ITKcommon.dll not found!

This sounds like you have not built ITK. Did you build ITK?

The steps should be as follows:

  1) Configure ITK (click the configure button in CMake)

  2) Generate ITK (click the generate button in CMake)

  3) Build ITK (if using Visual Studio on Windows, open ITK.sln and build all)

  4) Configure HelloWorld

  5) Generate HelloWorld

  6) Build HelloWorld

These steps are explained in the getting started presentation:

    http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf <http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf>

In the future, it is helpful to include the system (Windows, Linux, etc), compiler (Visual Studio 8, GCC, etc), and ITK version (3.16, CVS, etc) you are using. This helps us understand your issues more easily.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dan

Powered by www.kitware.com <http://www.kitware.com>

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html <http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html>