[Insight-users] itk fatal configuration error

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Jun 23 23:16:31 EDT 2010

But it should never get to line 115 of that file when building ITK. That
should happen only if you are building VTK.

What happens if you manually uncomment the first few lines in
Utilities/MetaIO/CMakeLists.txt to something like this :

#IF(VTK_VERSION)
#  SET(METAIO_FOR_VTK 1)
#  MARK_AS_ADVANCED( METAIO_FOR_VTK )
#  SET(METAIO_NAMESPACE "vtkmetaio")
#ELSE(VTK_VERSION)
  SET(METAIO_FOR_VTK 0)
  SET(METAIO_FOR_ITK 1)
  MARK_AS_ADVANCED( METAIO_FOR_ITK )
  SET(METAIO_NAMESPACE "ITKMetaIO")

  IF(ITK_USE_LIBXML2)
    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DMETAIO_USE_LIBXML2)
    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${ITK_LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR})
  ENDIF(ITK_USE_LIBXML2)

#ENDIF(VTK_VERSION)

Somehow its getting the definition of VTK_VERSION, perhaps from GDCM, which
probably was built with GDCM_USE_VTK ??

karthik