[Insight-users] What is the *correct* way to downsample an image with ITK?

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 07:13:42 EDT 2010

Hi Joel,

Aliasing artifacts appear only with nearest neighbor interpolation. Linear
interpolation should be enough to avoid them (higher order interpolations
also). And by doing a low-pass filtering, you are effectively destroying
part of information in the image. However, depending on what will you be
doing next with that image, low-pass filter might be justified.

Regards,
Dženan