[Insight-users] B-Spline Troubles

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Feb 9 21:06:57 EST 2010

Hi Kyzl,

                             Welcome to ITK !

Probably the best material to guide you in your exploration
of the BSpline deformable registration are the source code
examples in the directory:

               Insight/Examples/Registration

You will find

DeformableRegistration4.cxx
DeformableRegistration6.cxx
DeformableRegistration7.cxx
DeformableRegistration8.cxx
DeformableRegistration12.cxx
DeformableRegistration13.cxx
DeformableRegistration14.cxx
DeformableRegistration15.cxx

There are no "ideal" parameters for any segmentation or
registration method, regardless of what you may have
heard in paper that are published in Irreproducible journals.

We can look, however, for "reasonable" parameters.

Since you are starting to get familiar with the registration,
you probably want to start playing with a 2D version,
and using a grid of 5x5 nodes placed on top of the
image.

This is what you will find in

      Insight/Examples/Registration/
                    DeformableRegistration4.cxx

once you are comfortable with this example,
you may want to work your way up to
DeformableRegistration15.cxx which is a full
hierarchy of : Rigid + Affine + Two resolutions
of Deformable registration.

Please note that these Examples are also run
as Nightly tests, so you can actually just go to
the binary directory where you build ITK, and
reconfigure with CMake to turn ON the options
BUILD_TESTING and BUILD_EXAMPLES.

Then you can run the "DeformableRegistration"
examples by using ctest.

    Please let us know if you have any questions,