[Insight-users] Parametric vs. Non-parametric image registration?

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Tue Feb 2 04:10:51 EST 2010

Famous nonparametric example:

Daemon registration

B-Spline is parametric because the grid is usually much smaller and you only need to specify vectors for this grid. This transform is defenetly the parametric with most parameters and is a kind of special case. In general (not necessary) a nonparametric transformation is used for nonlinear transformations and parametric ones for linear transformations.

See wikipedia for parametric and non-parametric models!