[Insight-users] Question about generating and composing deformationfields

M.Staring at lumc.nl M.Staring at lumc.nl
Fri Aug 27 03:23:47 EDT 2010

Hi Anja,

I think you need two things:

1) A transform that combines multiple sub-transforms
2) The TransformToDeformationFieldSource in the Review directory to
compute the deformation field from the composed transform.

For the first point you can use the CombinationTransform classes
distributed with elastix (http://elastix.isi.uu.nl) also described in
the Insight Journal (http://hdl.handle.net/1926/197). You can choose to
use addition or composition with the functions SetUseComposition() or
SetUseAddition(). Checkout the elastix manual for the difference between
adding and composing, and what is advisible.

Hope this helps,

Marius