[Insight-users] First time with ITK

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:05:14 EDT 2009

Hi Fitsum,

   Welcome to ITK!

The error message you report suggests the compiler can not find the
location where ITK has been built. There can be a number of common
reasons for this:

1. ITK has not been configured and built correctly.
2. When configuring your project ("HelloWorld" in this case) you did
not correctly specify the ITK_DIR Cmake variable.
3. You are trying to build your project in a different mode than you
built ITK (for example you compiled ITK in Release mode, but are
trying to build your project in Debug mode) -- you must build *both*
ITK and your project in the same mode.

The following references may be of interest:

    http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf
    http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/help.html

Further, I suggest you study the ITK Software Guide. From personal
experience, spending 1+ weeks now will save you countless frustration
in the future.

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards, Dan