[Insight-users] Minimum size of image in image registration?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 13 11:00:46 EDT 2009

Hi Motes,

Before we go into further promoting superstitions,
let me clarify:

                The BSplineDeformableTransform
                     *CAN* be used with images
                        smaller than 512x512.

If in your registration of 256x256 image you are obtaining
a salt-and-pepper image, the most likely cause is that this
second set of images are using a different pixel type or
an incorrect endiannes.

It is very unlikely that the problem has anything to do with
the image size.

Please do the following:

1) Just after reading the images into your program:
     save them again in another format and visualize them
     with your favorite image viewer (hopefully not the
     Windows fax-viewer).

2) If the images look ok, then post to the list the description
    of your registration test:

     * Transform
     * Optimizer
     * Interpolator