[Insight-users] VTK&&ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Sep 11 11:10:28 EDT 2009

Hi Wen,

The ITK Tutorials and Users Guide are can be downloaded
free of charge be because the US National Library of Medicine
paid us for creating this material and for making it available.

In other words, these material was paid by US Taxpayers,
and kindly shared with the rest of the world.

This is a typical way of funding Public Goods, which are the
ones that are non-Rivalous and non-Excludable.

If you are interested in the Economic aspects of Open Source,
we have a wealth of material that we could refer you to.     :-)