[Insight-users] dicom files with invisible background

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat May 2 11:44:52 EDT 2009

Hi Luca,

It is certainly possible,

You could do:

1) Segment the background
2) Replace it with a value that is not present in the inside of the body
3) Convert the image to VTK
4) Convert the vtkImage to poly data
5) Threshold the polydata

You will end up with a polydata with values in
the nodes (taken from the image) and that has
the outline of the body.

Note that only (1),(2) and (3) are topics for this mailing list.
Topics (4) and (5) will be better addressed in the VTK users list.