[Insight-users] canny filter thresholds

Zhiqiang Hu zhiqianghu320 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 21:59:25 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I would appreciate very much your help regarding the usuage of itk implementation of the canny edge filter. As you all know, there are 2 thresholds for it. My question is how should I set them without knowing the magnitude of the gradient images that I am going to apply the thresholds on. I feel blind when I tune those parameters.
I checked both matlab and idl implementations of this filter; in both cases the two thresholds are normalized to be choices between 0 and 1.
Thank you very much in advance for the help!Hu