No subject

Tue Jun 23 12:19:35 EDT 2009

in the Grayscale image or in a Binary image derived from it.

Could you please clarify ?

Do you have a segmentation of the lungs already ?

Are you looking for a method suitable for segmenting the
lungs from CT ?

If so, you may want to try the ConnectedThresholdImageFilter,
which is a Region growing filter. Just set several seed points
(in index coordinates) inside the lungs an use an upper threshold
around -700 HU.

You will find more detailed methods in the Lung Lesion
Sizing Toolkit:

http://public.kitware.com/LesionSizingKit/index.php/Main_Page

you will find code at:

https://www.kitware.com/svn/LesionSizingKit/trunk/Sandbox/Source/

You may be interested in the class

itkLungWallFeatureGenerator.h<https://www.kitware.com/svn/LesionSizingKit/trunk/Sandbox/Source/itkLungWallFeatureGenerator.h>

-----------------

If you already have a segmentation, then you could simply  use
the RegionOfInterestImageFilter, to extract each one of the
lungs separately from the segmentation.

Run the Dilation on each independent image, and if needed,

merge the images back into the full image, by using the

    PasteImageFilter.

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1PasteImageFilter.html

  Please let us know if you have further questions,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Raquel Itk <raquelitk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an image Dicom of thoracic CT and I want to apply a ball structure
> with the dilate operation. I had read:
> Examples/Filtering/MathematicalMorphologyBinaryFilters.cxx.
>  But I would like to do this, first with the  left lung and then  with the
> right lung. I though to do two images, one only with the left lung and other
> with the right lung.
> I would to know to apply this, only of a part of an image or to indicate
> the coordinate start to do dilate operation. :
> Thanks
> Raquel
>

> _____________________________________

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

--0016362835ea108713046d927e5e

this dilation<br>in the Grayscale image or in a Binary image derived from i=
he lungs already ?<br>
CT ?<br><br>If so, you may want to try the ConnectedThresholdImageFilter,<b=
r>which is a Region growing filter. Just set several seed points<br>(in ind=
ex coordinates) inside the lungs an use an upper threshold<br>
around -700 HU.<br><br>You will find more detailed methods in the Lung Lesi=
zingKit/index.php/Main_Page">http://public.kitware.com/LesionSizingKit/inde=
x.php/Main_Page</a><br>
sionSizingKit/trunk/Sandbox/Source/">https://www.kitware.com/svn/LesionSizi=
r>
urce/itkLungWallFeatureGenerator.h">itkLungWallFeatureGenerator.h</a><br><b=
 you could simply=A0 use<br>
the RegionOfInterestImageFilter, to extract each one of the<br>lungs separa=
tely from the segmentation.<br><br>Run the Dilation on each independent ima=
ge, and if needed,<br><br>merge the images back into the full image, by usi=
ng the <br>
n/html/classitk_1_1PasteImageFilter.html">http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/c=
ow if you have further questions,<br>
----------------------<br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 a=
t 11:17 AM, Raquel Itk <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:raquelitk at gm=
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">Hi,<br>I have an =
image Dicom of thoracic CT and I want to apply a ball structure with the di=
late operation. I had read: Examples/Filtering/MathematicalMorphologyBinary=
Filters.cxx.<br>
=A0But I would like to do this, first with the=A0 left lung and then=A0 wit=
h the right lung. I though to do two images, one only with the left lung an=
d other with the right lung. <br>
I would to know to apply this, only of a part of an image or to indicate th=
e coordinate start to do dilate operation. : <br>Thanks<br><font color=3D"#=
888888">Raquel<br><br>