[Insight-users] Using the Fast Marching filter from python

Patrick jazzcat81 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 05:08:16 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am completely new to ITK but rather impressed by the breadth of
algorithms it contains. In my particular application I would like to
apply a Fast Marching filter to calculate the arrival time of a wave at
voxels in a 3d image starting from a user specified seed point. The
ItkSoftwareGuide contains an excellent example of how to do this in C++,
however, in Python I am not sure how to pass the seedpoints to the
algorithm. In C++ the "NodeContainer" type of the FastMarchingFilter is
used.
My question is, how do I pass a numpy-array into this data structure
from Python?

Thanks!

Regards,

Patrick