[Insight-users] reinitialize level set

chensiqi pidanchen at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 18:04:44 EST 2009

Sorry to bother again.

I finally figured out where I did wrong. The input to the ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter MUST be a binary image. So for those who have the approximated level set image, you have to loop all the points and convert into a binary image first.

I guess the reason to do this is that the reinitialization algorithm in ITK is basically based on Fast Marching instead of Reinitialization Equation. This means to do reinitialization, we have to first explicity locate the zero level set and then rebuild everything from this. It makes sense, but not very efficient, or, little slow. We can definitely make use of the already approximatedly right level set.
I am not sure if some one on this mailing list ever tried to implement reinitialization by solving Reinitialization Equation instead of running Fast Marching every time.  There are plenty of papers including Sethian and Osher's books talking about reinitiazalition equation. If you did this before and would like to share the code with me, please let me know.

Thanks
Siqi

微软地图率先推出跨城市多点驾车路线查询!
http://ditu.live.com/?form=MRAHAB&rtp=pos.30.454167_116.308611_%E5%A4%AA%E6%B9%96__~pos.29.554046_115.983427_%E5%BA%90%E5%B1%B1__~pos.29.116111_110.478889_%E5%BC%A0%E5%AE%B6%E7%95%8C__&rtop=0~0~0&encType=1