[Insight-users] Python Error initializing ITK 3.10.1

Paul massivemonkeymayhem at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 16:00:58 EST 2009

Hi. I'm just getting started with ITK. I downloaded the ITK-3.10.1
release onto my linux box and compiled it with
WRAP_ITK_PYTHON=ON, ITK_CSWIG_PYTHON=ON.

The compile and install went fine, but I get the following error with
SwigExtras.py when I try to load ITK in python. Any ideas?

>>> from InsightToolkit import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/python/InsightToolkit.py", line
1, in <module>
    from itkalgorithms import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/python/itkalgorithms.py", line
1, in <module>
    from itknumerics import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/python/itknumerics.py", line 1,
in <module>
    from itkcommon import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/python/itkcommon.py", line 3, in <module>
    from ITKCommonAPython import *
  File "ITKCommonAPython.py", line 33, in <module>
    from ITKCommonBase import *
  File "ITKCommonBase.py", line 33, in <module>
    import SwigExtras
  File "SwigExtras.py", line 42, in <module>
    new_LArray = _SwigExtras.new_LArray
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'new_LArray'

Paul