[Insight-users] Problem in visualizing a mesh (itkQuadEdgeMesh) extracted from a segmented object

Martine Lefevre martine_lef at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 26 10:33:43 EST 2009

Hi,
I extract a surface from a segmented object. the mesh is an instance of the
QuadEdgeMesh class as I’m going to use the itkQuadEdgeMeshDiscreteGaussianCurvatureEstimator later in order to extract the curvature.
When I visualize the extracted mesh it’s simply a black image. But if I change the type of the mesh from itkQuadEdgeMesh to itk::Mesh, it works fine and I can vizualize the extracted surface.

So not working with a mesh of type:
typedef QuadEdgeMeshExtendedTraits < double, 3, 2, double, double, double, bool, bool > Traits;
typedef QuadEdgeMesh< double, 3, Traits > MeshType;

but working with:
typedef itk::Mesh<double, 3,itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits< double, 3, 3, double, double > > MeshType;

For the visualization I use the same procedure as in vtk2itk code.

Do you have any idea about the cause of this problem ?
thank you
Regards
Martine.