[Insight-users] Phase correlation registration

Jakub Bican jakub.bican at matfyz.cz
Wed Feb 25 10:12:34 EST 2009

Yes, i was presenting 3D PCM at VISAPP09 :))  (and early version at CAIP07)

Back to your issue: there is a problem with any approach that is
affected by the size of overlaps ... this may be even the peak height
as there are more disturbances around the "matching image features" in
the larger overlaps - you'll see.

Just a note to the zero-padding approach: it is only neccessary to
increase the size of the image and fill the new area with zeros - it
is not neccessary to shift the original image to the center of the
resized area. (due to the periodicity of PCM)

Please, let me know about your progress ... or let me fix any problems
with my ITK PCM implementation.

Thanks. Regards, Jakub