[Insight-users] configuring ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Feb 24 07:53:29 EST 2009

Hi Wen,

How long did you waited ?

Configuring ITK for the first time can take several minutes,
given that CMakes goes through a series of try-compiles
and try-runs in order to determine the capabilities of your
compiler.

If you look at the "Configure" column in the ITK Dashboard
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight

an to the sub-column "min" you will find that the configuration
time may be as long as 10 minutes in certain platforms.

It all depends on your hardware and the speed of your
compiler. It should take about 1 minute with VS6.0.

It may simply be that you didn't wait long enough...