[Insight-users] aligning two contoursets

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Feb 2 22:40:19 EST 2009

Yogish:

You should take a look at the Robust Point Matching algorithm from Chui
and Anand Rangarajan:
  H.  Chui and Anand Rangarajan, "A new algorithm for non-rigid point
matching", CVPR, 00

It solves the alignment problem with both rigid and non-rigid variants
for arbitrary number of source and target points, with point
correspondances being unknown. It is also fairly resilient to outliers.
If you are looking for readily available source code, its available as a
part of the BioImageSuite, in the form of a VTK algorithm. Look for
source files of hte form vtk*RPM* and produces a vtkTransform for you.

--
Karthik Krishnan
R & D Engineer,